I’d like to invite you to create an anxiety management plan.
I’ve compiled a list of things in each topic that I’ve found particularly helpful. If you have additions, feel free to contribute via reblog or reply.
Something to touch:
- Fleece blanket
- Necklace chain
Something to See:
- Picture books
- Photo Album
- Digital folder of calming/comforting pictures
Something to Hear:
Something to Smell (if applicable):
- Scented candles
- Certain objects in room (i.e. pillow, blanket, etc)
Something to Taste:
- Hard Candies
- Oral sensory objects
Calming Techniques and Other Stuff
- Rocking - allows brain to re-hydrate; so-called “Instinctual” soothing method
- Feel-Your-Seat - Quite literally. What are you sitting on? What does it feel like? How is your body responding to you sitting?
- Belly-Breathing - Place one hand on your chest and one hand on your belly. Take slow, deep breaths focusing on making sure your belly hand raises higher when you breathe in. Do this for seven counts.
Anyone have any more?
And you can do it :3
Some days, if all you’re able to do is make Amazon wishlists and look at pretty pictures, that is totally fine. Don’t pressure yourself to be in a place you aren’t. Meet yourself where you are and take care of what you need. So if what you need doesn’t accomplish anything besides help you relax all day, that’s still a victory because you listened to your needs <3
Friendly reminder to look after yourselves. Did you eat enough? Did you get enough sleep? Do you need to talk to someone? Did you get enough fresh air? Remember to listen to your body.
things aren’t always going to go right, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try
the most important thing right now is you
look after yourself
put yourself first
if you aren’t okay then nothing else will seem okay either
tell yourself you’re wonderful
treat yourself right
you are the most important thing right now everything else will fall into place
what people may not understand is that mental illness affects ANYONE, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME. no one should ever feel that they are not worth another day. An individual who has won multiple academy awards for their talent and a high school student that is feeling tortured experience the same…